Friday, February 20, 2009

Me of the Day

Mood: Not horrible.

Happy Things: Sunshine, puppies, a lemon tree named Cecil that I just bought and will likely kill in the very near future, but in the mean time, a tiny lemon tree with tiny lemons! Eee!

Best Use of Your Tax Dollars: the government of Canada has a kickass website called catie.org which gathers all of the resources in the country on HIV and AIDS, Hep C, harm reduction, and sexual health in general. If you're strange like me, it's worth a good five hours of your time. And all of said resources can be downloaded for free, or printed by the government and shipped to you, anywhere in Canada...free! Free! It's like Christmas if Santa had AIDS! Today a big box showed up on my doorstep full of posters for work, playing cards that give you facts on liver disease, stickers telling me to get tested for STIs, a guide on mobilizing community action...amazing. If you're a rez advisor, or teacher, or some sort of leader of some sort in some sort of community, this website has fun stuff for you. And also, if you just really like knowing about sexual health (or if you have any STI), lots of fun stuff for you.

Diseases I Don't Have: Tuberculosis...yay! My test result was negative. Also, the nurse was very avoidant and cryptic when I asked her what would happen to me if my test had been positive. Do they still quarantine people? Would they ship me out to a colony?

Things I Should Probably Do In the Near Future: Eat. Because apparently food is my friend. And I even ate once earlier today...I had curry. Clearly, my ability to care for my decrepid body is amazing.

No comments: