Sunday, July 11, 2010

Update and associated odours - part 2

Alright, building managers consulted, and the gruesome verdict is...

An elderly gentlemen upstairs died, likely of natural causes. However, his body was not discovered for some time, probably two weeks or more, and the hazardous material crew was called in to deal with the...situation.

Which makes me sad, and terrified, and sad. I've always dealt with my perpetual singledom and the inevitability of dying alone fairly stoically - because, really, everyone dies alone. Except for mass-suicide cults. But not everyone who dies alone remains unnoticed in their apartment for two weeks or more until the Emergency Biohazard Response van has to mop up what's left.

Rest in peace, lonely old man upstairs. You may have already been dead by the time I moved in, but, still, I'm sorry I wasn't a better neighbour.

No comments: