Monday, May 25, 2009

Me of the Day

Current Mood: Surprisingly good. Happy...almost.

Arch Nemesis: Dandelions. This weekend, I spent five consecutive hours on my hands and knees, trying to rescue a small garden plot from the scourge of the weeds, and I'm pretty sure I failed. The root systems went down four feet, some traveling horizontally to connect all the individual plants into a single, hive-mind network of botanical horror.

Other pursuits: Tried to make my dog Mustard wear bobby-pins so that I could see his eyes, which normally hide behind a curtain of adorable puppy bangs. Unfortunately, puppies do not seem to enjoy the wearing of hair accessories. He now stares at me suspiciously and with mild contempt.

Plans for the foreseeable future: The purchasing of scalp lotion, the brandishing of a miniature Eiffel tower from bamboo (growing in my backyard), in what I hope will be a statement on cultural diversity and modern immigration trends in the Western World, or at least look moderately pretty. I hope to use this Eiffel tower as a trellis for my back-yard peas, but that may be unnecessary, depending on how the war with the dandelions goes.

No comments: