Friday, April 17, 2009

Receipt of Shame

Tonight, Thursday the 16th of April, at approximately 11:30pm, I traveled by foot, in the rain, to my neighbourhood grocery store - a Safeway outlet known for its inexplicably chipper cashiers. There, the following purchases were made:

1 Safeway-Brand Frozen Cheesecake
1 2L Bottle of Diet Coke
1 Small Bag of Mini Multicoloured Marshmallows
1 Regular-sized Box of Lucky Charms (a cereal containing mini, multicoloured marshmallows)
3 Bananas, slightly green

Total cost: $17
Total nutrients: A little potassium, nothing else

The attractive and friendly cashier smiled and asked me a question I didn't quite understand (I was overwhelmed with shame): ".....tonight?"

I can only assume the question was "Are you planning on going home, alone, and eating this entire frozen cheesecake while watching reruns of Lost on your computer...tonight?"

...Yes.

This post was an attempt to shame myself into healthier actions which might spare my wilting body. I suspect, however, that I may be beyond help, and that suspicion is translated into a hunger for an entire Safeway-brand frozen cheesecake.

No comments: