Saturday, April 18, 2009

Me of the Day

2:30 I roll out of my bed
2:40 I witness a car being stolen...maybe. I'm not quite sure. I do not know how to respond.
3:00 I take my puppies for a walk
4:00 I call my little sister
4:25 I speak to my mother
4:30 My mother tells me I'm terribly judgmental of my cousin who is going to fashion school (I asked if he would commute or move into the city)
4:33 My mother tells me I judge anyone who lives in a small town. (No? ...)
4:37 My mother tells me I'm terribly judgmental of my other cousins, too. (I didn't even mention them!)
4:40 My mother asks me why I'm so horribly judgmental of my aunt.
4:44 My mother tells me I'm terribly judgmental of her husband, too, and that people can change, dammit, why do you JUDGE?
4:49 I ask my mother to maybe stop calling me judgmental quite so much next time?
4:50 My mother tells me she cannot talk to me when I'm being like this! UGH! (and then she hangs up on me)
5:00 I begin to write the preceding 1200 word essay describing my understanding of human nature in an attempt to explain that, actually, I'm not that judgmental...because clearly logic is the way to go

No comments: