Saturday, March 14, 2009

Tuesday

A Week's Worth of Monologues: Tuesday

The Evidence:

Coworker: “So how are you liking it here, Ivy?”

Ivy: “It’s been great! Everyone's been so nice and friendly, and I feel like I've made some good connections. I don’t want to seem cocky, though. Everyone could decide to hate me today. It could be bad. I could get punched.”

Coworker laughs: “What? No staff member's ever been punched!"

Ivy: “Seriously? No one's been punched, ever?”

Coworker (slightly concerned): “…Seriously.”

Ivy (incredulous): “…What’s the worst thing that’s happened to your staff here?”

Coworker: “I don't know...Oh, a few years back, someone was really mad and threw a mug at somebody’s head. It was pretty bad.”

Ivy: “Did it Hit them?”

Coworker: “No.”

Ivy (quietly, to self): “…Somebody threw a plate at my head two weeks ago..."

The Conclusion: I don't know if I'm going to fit in here.

No comments: