Thursday, May 6, 2010

This Week


Monday

17:00 I am searching for an apartment, and that makes life extra extra stressful. Because, if I don’t find an apartment soon, my puppies and I will be homeless in less than a month. At least now I can look for apartments, which I couldn’t do last week...that makes me feel a little better. But just a little. (Craigslist only seems to have postings for the following month, so there first postings for June 1st weren’t until two days before May.)

17:12 Also, not helpful? The three people who have asked, “what the hell are you doing? Why wouldn’t you give your notice at your building AFTER you found a new place?” Not helpful at all.

17:14 Not to mention the twelve people who responded, “You’ll be fine! Oh wait, you have dogs. You will not be fine, at all. You are totally screwed. Huh.”

18:00 I have an apartment viewing! So exciting!

18:03 I really hope this isn’t a scam where the people claim to be living abroad and then steal your damage deposit. Or a serial killer trying to lure people to his home and then chop them up into tiny pieces and bake them into a pie. ...I have been watching too much Sweeney Todd.


Tuesday

12:30 Oooh, I really like this area. The streets are all tree-lined and pretty. There are impromptu parks on every-other corner. And I love the idea of living in such a densely populated, culturally vibrant place.

12:55 Wow, this apartment is actually really, really nice. Hardwood floors. Functioning toilet. No obvious blood stains. I would put the dining table over there...if I had a dining table, that is. And I can reach all the cupboards in the kitchen. And there’s a walk-in closet where I can store all of my endless piles of crap. It’s as if this place was designed for me!

13:06 Ooh, there are three other people here filling out applications ahead of me, and they’re all older than me, and prettier than me, and I bet they’ll get the apartment. I should have bribed the manager when we were alone...except I don’t have any money until payday. Actually, that reminds me, I have to phone my mom to ask for a loan so I can buy yogurt, which I will eat tonight for dinner.

13:07 ...I am a failure at adulthood.

16:45 I think I’ll wander around this area after work and look at the other posted vacancy signs. I would love to live here!

19:00 Wow. Fifty vacancy signs, several affordable apartments, and not one of them allows any pets whatsoever (let alone multiple dogs). I AM screwed. I might as well give up all hope of living here.

21:00 I’m going to end up in Surrey...I can feel it. It’s inevitable. Oh god. I really, really, really don’t want to move to Surrey. Please don’t make me move to Surrey.


Wednesday

07:30 Life is hard.

08:34 Who the hell would be phoning at this ungodly hour?

08:35 I got the Apartment!!! I actually got it!! Amazing! So exciting! I’m not going to be homeless!

08:38 Eeeee!

08:39 My happiness has caused me to have a minor asthma attack! Not...happy...oh god, breath....

08:42 I can breath! Yay! ...*cough*...

10:03 "Mummy, may I please borrow money to pay my damage deposit, so that my puppies and I won't be cast out onto the streets and have to sleep in a dumpster? ...I love you?"

2 comments:

thefringthing said...

Hooray! (Protip: In Ontario (and so perhaps in B.C. also) clauses in tenancy agreements which forbid pets are unenforceable. Few people know this.)

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad everything worked out! I hate apartment hunting, too.
-Manori