Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Popely

My wrath issues are getting out of control.

Rage of the Day: I hate life. But mostly, I hate slow people, who seem to naturally congregate with other slow people, hand in hand, forming a human blockade five people thick, congesting any hope of me getting to the skytrain within a reasonable three minute timeframe.

Shove over, slow people - my time is just as precious as yours, and I don’t want to spend it staring at your collective asses while you impede my ability to walk at a reasonable pace. I don’t force you to walk fast, don’t force me to walk slow. I have places to go, and I know that you don’t, but...agggggh. MOVE. For the love of my sanity move. HALF THE SIDEWALK - at most! It’s a socially implied rule. Socially implied!


And...the Pope.

The man who lives in a secluded giant temple amidst riches and opulence by which even Heaven cannot compare, while his people starve and are compelled to bear fourteen children each, six of which will be molested by celibate priests, all with the pope's full knowledge and probable complacency. His holiness, indeed.

(It's worth noting here that Catholic Priests, back in the day, were allowed to marry, but then the Church decided it wanted more land, and that it could acquire the land of all its priests when they died if it stopped their ability to have sons....so if you're thinking of yelling "why?" at the sky when you hear one more story of children being abused by sexually confused men in a position of infinite power, the answer is "so the Pope could have more land." Doesn't that make you feel better?)

But my stance on the Pope remains exactly the same as it was last year, when old Popey was making waves by declaring that condoms encouraged the spread of HIV. Remember that? It was such a simpler time, when we thought the Pope was only okay with letting African babies die of AIDS.

Enjoy the repost...

Stop listening to the Pope (we asked him to stop talking, and that didn’t quite work). Responsible consumerism can, and should, be applied to religion. If you’re tithing your local catholic church, you are supporting a pope who thinks condoms cause AIDS and that birth control is always wrong. Why is this man’s impeccable logic worthy of your attention? Stop listening, encourage others to do the same, and he becomes just another opinionated old guy yelling at young people from his porch.

No comments: